In the midst of the summer, many families, couples, and young adults are flocking to parks and campgrounds to enjoy the outdoors while the weather is perfect. Are you looking to spend a weekend camping or an afternoon resting at the local park?
Would you love to use a charcoal grill and make the greatest lunch or dinner when relaxing outdoors? If so, you’ll need to pick out the best charcoal grill for your cooking preferences. Our review guide on the 10 best charcoal grills should help you pick the right one.
- What to Look for When Choosing the Best Charcoal Grill
- 10 Best Charcoal Grills in the Market
- 1) CosmoGrill Outdoor XL Smoker Barbecue Charcoal Portable BBQ Grill
- 2) Uten BBQ Charcoal Grill Portable Foldable Barbecue Grill
- 3) Uten Stainless Steel BBQ Charcoal Grill Smoker
- 4) Kamado Joe KJ13RH Portable Versatile Kamado Charcoal Grill, Blaze Red
- 5) Kono Portable Folding Charcoal Barbecue Grill
- 6) Char Griller 1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
- 7) Weber Compact Charcoal BBQ
- 8) ACTIVA Atlanta Charcoal Grill
- 9) BEAU JARDIN Portable Charcoal Grill for Outdoor Grilling
- 10) Mbuynow Charcoal BBQ Grill, Portable Barbecue Grill
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- In Conclusion
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Charcoal Grill
When you are shopping for the best charcoal BBQ grill you can find, you’ll need to consider what you’ll be using this tool for. Will you be grilling hot dogs and burgers? Will you be cooking some steak or shish kabobs? Or do you want to be able to make an entire meal using your grill?
Every grill will have its purpose, but you need to decide what your grill’s purpose will be. In addition, you will need to decide how much space you want your grill to take up in your home and how much you’re willing to spend to buy a new charcoal BBQ grill.
You are likely choosing a charcoal grill over a gas grill due to its easy-to-use quality and overall affordability. A charcoal gridiron is much simpler and more straightforward while a gas grill has lots of knobs, burners, hoses, and even an ignition system.
Furthermore, charcoal grills will give you more of a smoky flavour when cooking meat.
When shopping for charcoal grills, you will see that there are three different types to choose from. You can get a kettle grill, a barrel grill, or a ceramic grill. Kettle grills are somewhat small and take up about 55 centimetres in diameter.
Since they are more compact, they won’t take up too much room in your home. Nonetheless, you can grill anywhere from 12 to 15 burgers on the typical kettle grill.
Barrel grills are significantly bigger and take up approximately 91 centimetres in length. Barrel grills are more expensive, but you can cook a ton of meat or veggies on this type of grill. This means you can throw a huge party and no one will go hungry.
Ceramic grills are the most pricey, which means you might not want to get this type of grill if you are a beginner. However, the ceramic grill has the best heat control out of all three types. Ceramic grills come in many different shapes and sizes, allowing you to grill the amount of food you need.
Whatever type you decide to buy, you definitely need to check out our list of the top 10 best charcoal grills on the market. Take a look at our list below.
10 Best Charcoal Grills in the Market
1) CosmoGrill Outdoor XL Smoker Barbecue Charcoal Portable BBQ Grill
The CosmoGrill XL Charcoal Smoker Barbecue is an excellent grill to make an awesome dinner at your next get-together or family party. It’s perfect for those long summer days spent relaxing in your backyard or at the park.
- The CosmoGrill XL Charcoal Smoker Barbecue is the perfect outdoor...
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: The CosmoGrill temperature gauge enables you...
- MORE GRILLING CONTROL: Variable heat distribution around the...
- MADE WITH YOU IN MIND: Bottle opener and four hooks to hang...
- STORAGE: Spacious but foldable side tables for easy storage and...
You can take it on your next camping trip and make some delicious burgers for your whole family. It’s big enough to cook 10 hamburger patties and 10 hot dogs at the same time. You can also use it to grill fish, steak, or chicken wings.
This grill has a chimney and adjustable air vents to improve heat flow. It will also give your protein or veggies a smoky flavour. Your friends won’t be able to get enough of that delicious smoky taste!
The coal tray is adjustable in height and it includes four hooks to hang utensils as well as a bottle opener. The foldable side tables make storing this grill much easier. The dimensions of this grill are 124 x 66 x 113.5 cm.
You’ll find assembling this grill straightforward. It won’t take more than two hours to install if you have a friend to help out.
2) Uten BBQ Charcoal Grill Portable Foldable Barbecue Grill
This is a foldable and portable grill, which means you can easily transport it to your local park or campground to cook a delicious lunch on a warm summer day. Enjoy the sunny days with blue skies as you munch on a turkey burger and a fruit salad.
- FOLDABLE & PORTABLE GRILL: This Uten bbq charcoal grill size is...
- STURDY& DURABLE: The barbecue grill outdoor is made from...
- IDEAL BBQ TOOL: The charcoal bbq grill has large cooking area and...
- BONUS FEATURES: Double grid design and net tongs allows you to...
- FULLY FUNCTIONAL CHARCOAL GRILL: Perfect for camping,...
You can use this grill for cooking for up to 10 people. At the same time, it is a compact grill that’s easy to transport. Its stainless-steel construction will keep it durable for years to come. It has a high heat resistance and is resistant to rust as well.
With a weight capacity of up to 10 pounds, you can cook tons of food for your friends and family. You can plan a party and enjoy grilling dinner for all your guests.
It comes with a double grid design that will reduce burning at high temperatures. The small grid design is also excellent for grilling fish or vegetables. Whether you’re cooking at a family picnic or in your own backyard, this charcoal BBQ grill is a perfect addition to your toolset.
3) Uten Stainless Steel BBQ Charcoal Grill Smoker
This lightweight grill will make sure your burgers, hot dogs, shish kabobs, or steaks have a delicious, smoky flavour.
- Best outdoor BBQ grill: if you long for the smoky, grilled...
- Foldable & Portable: The portable and lightweight folding leg is...
- Easy to assemble & use: the grill comes with an easy-to-follow...
- Healthy & Premium quality: made of 430 rust-resistant stainless...
- 1-Year money-back guarantee: We commits ourselves to creating...
This grill has plenty of room for cooking lots of burgers or sausages at your next picnic. It’s definitely big enough to cook enough food for up to 10 people. The grill is also foldable and portable so that you can bring it on your camping trip or a picnic at the park.
You can bring it from your garage to your backyard without a problem. The legs are foldable and its design comes with air ventilation vents on the grill’s ends. The airflow and heat are distributed evenly across the entire grill, which means every piece of meat or vegetable will be cooked equally.
The big and small barbecue wire mesh panels will allow you to cook whatever type of food you want. This grill is built of high-quality materials, including rust-resistant stainless steel. It is also heat-resistant, which means you’ll be able to enjoy using this grill for years to come.
4) Kamado Joe KJ13RH Portable Versatile Kamado Charcoal Grill, Blaze Red
This Kamado Joe ceramic grill is very versatile, as it allows you to smoke meat, grill protein or veggies, roast your beef or lamb, and even sear your steak. This grill is the best quality ceramic grill available on the market. In fact, the ceramic parts of the grill come with a limited lifetime warranty.
- PORTABLE CHARCOAL GRILL - Kamado Joe Jnr Portable BBQ Grill &...
- GRILL ANYWHERE - Grilling on-the-go has never been easier thanks...
- PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION - Made from ceramic with cast iron stand for...
- VERSATILE BBQ GRILL - 148.5 Square Inch cooking area and precise...
- EASY TO USE & CLEAN - Control the heat levels with cast-iron air...
The dimensions of this gorgeous red grill are 50.17 x 52.71 x 68.58 cm. It is 34.28 kilograms in weight. This grill is excellent at insulating, which means you won’t need as much heat or charcoal for cooking your meal.
You can cook with this grill at high or low temperatures for a much longer time than with other grills due to its insulating properties. You can make either roast beef using this grill or you can even bake a cake.
This grill will deliver the perfect smoky flavour due to the charcoal use. Its versatile properties allow you to grill, smoke, or even bake a chicken. The grill also holds in heat and moisture for the tastiest meal you’ve had in a long time.
5) Kono Portable Folding Charcoal Barbecue Grill
Are you interested in having a perfect grill for a picnic or a backyard barbecue party? Or do you want a compact and portable grill to bring on a camping trip? If so, the Kono charcoal barbecue grill may be the right choice for you.
- 【PORTABLE BBQ GRILL, EASY TO CARRY OUT】: The barbecue grill...
- 【EASY TO USE BBQ GRILL DESIGN】: Removable grill and mess-free...
- 【LEISURELY CHARCOAL BBQ GRILL】: This Kono lightweight folding...
- 【QUALITY & SAFE MATERIALS】: The lightweight barbecue grill...
- 【THE SIZE OF THIS BBQ GRILL】: Barbecue grill's unfold size:...
It only weighs about 1.6 kilograms and is made of solid iron support and a chrome-plated barbecue wire mesh. This foldable grill is small while the legs keep the appliance stable and sturdy.
Its stainless-steel material is rust-resistant and heat-resistant, which means it will not deform upon multiple uses. You won’t need to assemble this product and you’ll find it’s very easy to use.
The ventilation holes will keep the heat evenly distributed and the meat cooking equally across the grill. The grill grids can be easily removed for straightforward cleaning. You’ll love cooking on this grill for your family, as it’s big enough to cook for up to five people.
Whether you’re hanging out in a friend’s backyard or even taking a beach day at the lake, you can bring this compact, portable grill and make a tasty meal for your friends or family.
6) Char Griller 1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
The Char Griller 1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill is a well-built grill with quality craftsmanship made of steel and a wooden handle. As such, it will be a long-lasting, durable, and stable grill that you can use for years to come.
- Heavy steel design – sturdy and durable with an attractive...
- Removable drawer – makes handling the charcoal and ashes much...
- Wooden side shelf – extra space to chop vegetables, prepare...
It comes with a removable drawer that will make dealing with charcoal and ash much easier. It won’t be hard at all to clean out the grill due to this removable drawer and it’ll take barely any time. This will give you more time to enjoy your meal and spend time with family or friends.
In addition, this grill comes with a wooden side table top, which will make it easy to chop vegetables or prepare your meat on the side. You won’t have to run back and forth from the kitchen.
Some other features of this grill include cast iron grates, adjustable dampers, Powder coating, and a double bottom. Furthermore, this girl comes with a storage rack underneath. This grill will last for more than a decade if it’s kept dry.
This grill is big enough to handle an entire chicken or make six kebabs, along with room to spare for grilling some bell peppers.
7) Weber Compact Charcoal BBQ
The Weber Compact Charcoal BBQ comes with a kettle grill cover to keep the grill dry and free of dirt, especially when it rains. The kettle grill cover is waterproof and will keep rain from seeping in and rusting the barbecue grill.
- Product 1: Plated steel cooking grate
- Product 1: Heavy-gauge steel fuel grate
- Product 1: Porcelain-enamelled bowl and lid
- Product 1: Lid handle with heat shield
- Product 2: Grill cover protects against rain, snow and other...
This grill includes a plated steel cooking grate as well as a porcelain lid and bowl. This medium-sized charcoal grill is 47 cm in length and 65 cm in height. It can be used to cook up hot dogs, hamburgers, beef or lamb skewers, tuna steaks, corn on the cob, and even lamb chops.
You will love the smoky flavour and delicious taste that this grill can make out of your meals. A whole new world of barbecuing will be open to you once you take this grill out of its packaging.
You’ll be able to make enough food for six to nine people, so invite a few friends over and have yourselves a delicious dinner. It’s big enough for 16 sausages or eight burger patties.
And if you have a big enough vehicle, you can even take this grill to the park and enjoy a picnic with your close friends and family.
8) ACTIVA Atlanta Charcoal Grill
The ACTIVA Atlanta grill is made from alloy steel and only weighs 0.2 kilograms. It is a sturdy grill that includes chrome-plated parts. The cooking space has a size of 41.5 cm in diameter, which means you’ll have plenty of space to cook all the burgers, meat kabobs, or hot dogs that you want.
- 🔥 QUALITY - Activa charcoal grill made of sturdy steel with...
- 🔥 GRILL GRID - The grill grid supplied is chrome-plated and...
- 🔥 STABLE - The grill stands on stable legs and can be moved...
- 🔥 CLEANING - The grill can be cleaned easily thanks to the...
- 🔥 DETAILS - 1x grill cart, 1x grill rack, 1x grill pan, feet
The grill comes with two regular legs and two legs with wheels to roll it and transport it wherever you need. Furthermore, it will take you a little time to clean this grill due to its many removable parts. You’ll be able to make enough food for a family of four on this grill.
It is a very simple and effective grill that will keep your meal hot and cooking. Most people find the materials to be of high quality. You can invite a few friends over and cook up a dinner for six.
This is a great barbecue for your backyard. You’ll spend your summer days grilling meat to perfection.
9) BEAU JARDIN Portable Charcoal Grill for Outdoor Grilling
The BEAU JARDIN grill also comes with two standard legs and two legs with wheels, which makes it easy to roll wherever you need the grill to go. This grill is great for barbecuing outdoors on your patio or in your backyard as well as on a picnic at the park.
- Stand-up Barbecue: This product is 27in high and 17in in...
- Perfect Thermal Control: rust-resistant adjustable Aluminum air...
- Portable Charcoal Grill: This product has two wheels, you can...
- Easy Assemble & Clean: This portable grill charcoal grill is easy...
- Customer care: We are dedicated to provide premium products for...
If your SUV is big enough, you can bring this grill on a camping trip as well. You’ll find that you can cook up enough food for at least four people using this appliance. In addition, this grill is easy to use and simple to clean.
You won’t have any trouble assembling the BEAU JARDIN grill as it has straightforward step-by-step instructions. The grill is made of porcelain-enamelled steel and comes in black. You will see that the grill has excellent heat control and will retain heat to cook your meat perfectly.
This grill is stable and has very durable, long-lasting parts. Best of all, it is portable, and you’ll be able to move it anywhere in your backyard or at your local park.
10) Mbuynow Charcoal BBQ Grill, Portable Barbecue Grill
The Mbuynow BBQ grill is exceptionally compact and small enough to bring on a camping trip, to the park, on a picnic, or to a tailgate party. While small, this grill is big enough to cook a meal to serve at least five people.
- 【 OCCASION 】The size of BBQ grill is 35x27x20 cm, which is...
- 【 PORTABLE FOLDING GRILL 】The charcoal bbq grill can be...
- 【 STAINLESS STEEL BBQ GRILL 】The portable bbq grill...
- 【 VENTILATION HOLES 】The ventilation holes of coal bbq grill...
- 【 MODERN DESIGN BBQ GRILL 】Black portable barbecue gril with...
This grill is very easy to assemble, and you can fold it to carry it wherever you want to barbecue. It is made of stainless steel, which means it won’t be rusting anytime soon. It’s also resistant to corrosion and deformation. It can also withstand really high temperatures.
Essentially, the barbecue grill will last a long time. Parts of this grill are also made from iron and braided chrome. It’s easy to clean due to its removable pieces. Best of all, it has ventilation gaps that spread the heat evenly to cook your meat quickly.
With this Grill, you’ll enjoy a great garden party picnic. You can easily take it to the beach if you’re planning to spend the day by the ocean. Consider bringing the Mbuynow BBQ grill to make a delicious lunch or dinner for your family and friends wherever you decide to go.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1) How Do Charcoal Grills Work?
Charcoal grills work by putting a thick layer of coal at the bottom of the grill and lighting up the coal with a lighter or matches. You will need to grill your meat or vegetables directly over the hot coal.
2) How Hot Do Charcoal Grills Get?
You will find that charcoal grills can heat up to 343 °C.
3) Are Charcoal Grills Better Than Gas?
A big reason to purchase charcoal grills instead of gas is due to the price. You’ll find that charcoal grills are more affordable than gas grills. In addition, charcoal grills burn faster than gas, which means your food will be ready to eat in less time.
With the charcoal grill, you will likely have more room on the grill to cook enough meat to feed a large group of people, while a gas grill with sear burners is usually only big enough for a family or couple.
4) Are Charcoal Grills Allowed in Parks?
Whether or not a park will allow you to bring in a charcoal grill highly depends on your local laws and regulations. In the United Kingdom, there are often safe, designated spots for you to barbecue some meat or veggies.
5) Are Charcoal Grills Safe to Use?
Charcoal grills are safe to use as long as you follow basic safety protocols. For example, you will want to keep your grill away from trees and branches to avoid a fire. Also, you should never leave a lit grill unattended nor grill indoors. Lastly, you’ll need to clean your grill, which will reduce the risk of your grill flaring up the next time you use it.
We hope that this detailed guide has given you an idea of what to look for when choosing the best charcoal grills available on the market. You’ll need to figure out how big of a grill to buy to feed your family and loved ones.
The Uten BBQ Charcoal Grill has plenty of grilling space for a large party, while the BEAU JARDIN grill is the perfect size for a family dinner or a small get-together.
You can also decide on how portable and mobile a grill you would like. For example, do you want to bring your grill on a camping trip or to a park? These are the decisions you’ll need to make before choosing your charcoal grill.
For instance, the Mbuynow BBQ grill is ideal for cooking on a camping trip since it can be easily transported.
What type of food do you plan on grilling? You will find that certain grills are great for grilling up some flaky fish and vegetables, while other grills are perfect for steak, shish kabobs, hot dogs, or burgers.
Whatever your preferences, with this guide, you should have found the perfect charcoal grill to meet your needs.
Users also searched for: