The Mitex General Extreme is an easy to use UHF 2-way radio that is a lightweight, durable and compact handheld radio with full five-watt power output on UHF.
The model is compatible with PRO and DMR models. It has 5-watt rechargeable batteries and is licensed as well. It has 10 times more output power than license-free alternatives such as standard PMR (personal mobile radios) walkie-talkies and is IP66 rated which means it is protected from total dust ingress and from high-pressure water jets from any direction. The Mitex General Extreme is supplied pre-programmed for normal general channels and can be used right out of the box.
Here is a list of features that Mitex General Extreme offers:
- Talks to normal General, PRO, and DMR units.
- Channels 13,14 and 15 are common across all Mitex UHF handheld portables.
- Channel 16 offers a scan function.
- A new 6-way charger is available.
- Legal operation requires a current Business Radio Light License. License application included in the box.
- Li-ion Battery Packs
- AC adaptors
- Wrist straps
- Belt clips
- User manual
- Frequency Range pre-set 403-470 MHz
- Number of pre-set channels – 16
- A span of channels pre-set – 25kHz/12.5 kHz.
- Step of channels pre-set – 5,6.25 kHz
- Working voltage – 7.2 V DC +/- 20%
- Built-in rechargeable and removable battery – Lithium Battery1300 mAh
- Working temperature range – -20 to + 60 degrees C
- Frequency stability – +/- 2.5 ppm ( -20 to + 60 degrees C)
- Antenna – Impedance 50R
- Dimensions (HxWxD) – 100x 52×28 mm
- Weight – 200g (per radio including battery and antenna)
- Time out timer
- Battery saver
- Low battery alert
- Intelligent charger pod
- VOX function programmed into the unit that allows users to transmit to and call other users
- CTCSS and DCS codes programmed and pre-set
- 15 cm removable flexible rubber antenna
- Standard miniature SMA connector
That should summarize the features. As you can see, the Mitex General Extreme offers a lot of unique and useful features. It’s up to you to determine if these are important to you and worth of paying an above-average price.
Here you can check a good overview video by RadioPro UK:
Pros and Cons
Now that we are armed with the information from above, let’s check pros and cons.
Our rating: 4.4 / 5
We found the Mitex General Xtreme Pack to be easy to use with a powerful range far exceeding other personal hand-held walkie talkies. Its design is simple and you basically just switch it on and then tune it to the desired channel and begin talking. It comes with a 16th channel that is used for scanning all of the channels. Scanning stops when it finds a modulated channel. We highly recommend it.
Users also searched for: